Dan is the youngest founder of a publicly traded company in history. At the age of 23, after selling $15M of clothing in six department store chains and surpassing expectations with his $9.5M licensing deal with STARTER apparel, Dan launched the “Who’s Your Daddy” energy drink into 55,000 retail stores and military bases.
He later went on to launch Victory Poker which became one of the top 5 poker brands internationally. In addition to being the Founder and Chairman of the social media agency Elevator Studio, Dan is a serial entrepreneur and angel investor, having invested and advised over 36 companies, that range from mobile apps to tech companies to consumer brands.
As a prolific speaker and author, he has spoken at over 250 events worldwide and created the widely popular entrepreneur event Elevator Nights as well as The 100 Million Mastermind Experience, The Avengers Mastermind, and Operation Blacksite. A generous philanthropist, he supports over a dozen charities including his own: modelcitizenfund.org which creates and distributes backpacks to the homeless.
In this episode, we delve into how Dan built his brands and negotiated deals with huge companies and diverse talents ranging from the Kardashians and DJ Khaled to Mommy bloggers, fitness icons & micro-influencers. He emphasizes the importance of building meaningful relationships rather than solely pursuing monetary gain. By embracing authenticity, creating compelling content, building meaningful connections, and approaching brand partnerships strategically, you can unlock your social growth potential and position yourself for exciting brand collaborations in 2023 and beyond. Let’s dive in!
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why you need to start having more blunt conversations
- Running a business with group chats
- Placing quarterbacks in your business & how to find them
- Why entrepreneurs get stuck in bottlenecks and how to break them
- Who should be your first hire?
- The simplest yet most powerful way to exponentially grow your network
- Tips for building rapport
- The #1 mistake entrepreneurs make: not having a contract
- Ways to get started with charitable giving
- How to get involved in the World’s Largest Toy Drive
- Foolproof strategy to launch your personal brand for under $1,000
- What makes people share your content?
- How to land your dream brand deal
- How often should you post on social media?
- Ways to increase your “hireability” as a paid speaker
Links and Resources
- Join Limitless Arena 2023
- Get involved in the World’s Largest Toy Drive
- Model Citizen Fund
- Elevator Studio
- Book – How To Set-Up Your Personal Brand For Under $1000
- Book – How To Set-Up Your Business For Under $1000
- The Money Mondays Podcast