Tana Amen is a New York Times bestselling author, health and fitness expert, Vice-President of Amen Clinics—the world’s leader in brain health, mentor, motivational speaker, and former neurosurgical ICU trauma nurse. By providing science-based guidance along with her authentic, no-holds-barred approach, Tana has won the hearts of millions with her simple, yet effective, strategies to help people win the fight for a strong mind, body, and spirit. Her latest book, The Relentless Courage of a Scared Child: How Persistence, Grit, and Faith Created a Reluctant Healer, provides great inspiration and encouragement to others who have suffered through trauma. Tana holds a second-degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. Above all else, Tana treasures her marriage to Dr. Daniel Amen, their children, grandchildren, and the meaningful time they spend together.
Tana’s personal struggles with depression and eating disorders have shaped her into the compassionate and knowledgeable advocate she is today. Having overcome her own battles, she has dedicated her life to helping others find freedom and healing. Her story is a testament to the transformative power of self-care, self-love, and the importance of seeking professional help when needed. Through her advocacy and support, Tana Amen continues to make a profound impact on the lives of those struggling with mental health challenges, reminding us that we too can break free and thrive Let’s dive in!
In this episode, you will learn:
- Post-traumatic Growth
- Building resilience
- Ways to heal from childhood trauma
- Overview of the ACE Test: How adverse childhood experiences affect our health
- What is EMDR therapy?
- The power of lifestyle and meditation
- The ripple effect of unhealed wounds
- Embracing your true yourself, despite all the mess
- Relationship tips to have a peaceful, loving relationship with your family
- Boundaries and forgiveness
- Practical ways to strengthen and grow your faith
- Lifestyle tips for healthy skin and body
Links and Resources
- The Relentless Courage of a Scared Child
- Other books by Tana Amen
- I Need Your Love, Is That True?: How to Stop Seeking Love, Approval, and Appreciation and Start Finding Them Instead by Byron Katie
- Loving What Is, Revised Edition: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life by Byron Katie
- Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life by Henry Cloud and John Townsend